Dance forms in south america especially cuba, is a way of life. People walk and talk through dance. One can express so much in dance which cannot be put in words. I really like to dance with people who explains what each step means rather than just say 1-2-3-4. So, I happened to cross this group who were practicing Lezginka dance and over heard the choreographer explaining the essence of the dance. This was the first time I heard someone teaching dance by explaining its essence and concept. I stopped. I watched and then asked them whether I could join; they said more than welcome. Cut cheste, I performed Lezginka dance form last saturday. My second dance performance since joining the MBA college. So what is Lezginka? What it's meaning ? What were we doing ? Lezginka :(dictionary definition) : a courtship dance of the Caucasus mountains in which the woman moves with graceful ease while the man dances wildly about her. Check out the performance of my team: The men were...
It took nearly three and half years to get the new tattoo inked on my body. This tattoo has a special significance to me as it represents me psychologically and emotionally. The inception of the idea of getting tattooed has begun when I met Aparna Sarepaka (alias Appy) who is an amazing artist (One of few best artists I have known till date) and was amazed by her designs and sketches. I asked her whether she could help me out in sketching myself for a tattoo. She agreed and asked me to fill a template about likes / dislikes and interests /disinterests. She actually sent me some designs but those are cluttered and needed some modifications. I requested her to do the same. Meanwhile she got busy with her exams and then with her life and the project went on HOLD.Then I worked independently looking lot of designs in different cultures and trying to match to my philosophy in life.Nothing got materialized. After sometime I met Tejaswi Damaraju , an architect with immense interest in des...
The only thing that I had been doing constantly in the last one year apart from eating, sleeping and working is reading, reading and then again reading. I read biographies, autobiographies, extreme philosophies, fiction, non-fiction, and interesting stories about history, politics, religion, economics, and sports. After digesting all the views, opinions, arguments now I cannot subscribe to any of the those ideas :P. After the intense study I feel everybody’s point is correct and there is nothing like wrong or incorrect. Now a days I am not even arguing with anybody as there is no point because people are right in their own ways. Realizing this made me lose the unnecessary burden I had in my head. The Point is not to abandon different views but to embrace them, as they are all part of the truth. When a white light (truth) passes through a prism it diverges into seven colors. The person looking through the one of the color thinks his/ her version of trut...
Comments